Constant Therapy’s NeuroPerformance Engine
The patented artificial intelligence at the core of our products
Constant Therapy’s primary goal is to help brain injury and stroke survivors or those living with aphasia or dementia work on their core life skills, and to aid clinicians in using the program and its data to further their exceptional work with clients. Things like reading comprehension, telling time, selecting items from a menu, listening to a voicemail and understanding the main messages, etc. are all functional skills that need to be mastered to participate successfully in the activities of daily living. But how does Constant Therapy help users work to improve those everyday skills?
The NeuroPerformance Engine is the patented AI at the core of all our products
The NeuroPerformance Engine™ (or, the “NPE”) is the AI core that drives Constant Therapy. It analyzes real-world data generated from user interactions with the product to deliver evidence-based exercises customized for each patient. In order to provide the most effective, scientifically-proven exercises for the injury or disorder that users want to address, the NeuroPerformance Engine first assesses the users’ abilities in a variety of cognitive domains. It then looks at how users perform their Constant Therapy exercises to determine exactly how to adjust the program to fit each user’s unique and changing needs, ensuring they’re making the most efficient and effective progress toward their goals. And multiple research studies have shown that the NPE works.
Every patient is different and requires a personalized therapy regimen, based on who they are, their diagnosis and the progress they are making towards their speech, language, and cognitive goals. With the use of data and AI together (in the NPE), Constant Therapy is able to micro-personalize rehabilitation therapy for users.
Step-by-step: how the NeuroPerformance Engine works
- New patients working with a clinician or on their own download Constant Therapy on a smartphone, Chromebook, or tablet and fill out demographic and diagnostic information.
- Based on the patient’s profile, the NPE automatically recommends specific exercises in different categories and difficulty levels that are the best match for their needs.
- The clinician and the patient can decide whether to accept or adjust the recommended exercise program, and then the program begins to deliver the customized therapy exercises to the patient.
- As the patient completes their therapy exercises, the NPE measures the patient’s performance across different dimensions such as accuracy, speed and consistency.
- The NPE then adjusts the therapy exercises for the patient based on their individual performance progress and population scores.
Constantly monitors and analyzes the real-world evidence generated by user performance and progress
As the NPE collects more granular data and applies more and more sophisticated machine learning techniques, it gets better and more precise at recommending the right therapy regimen and dosage for each patient, so that it is tailored specifically to their needs.
With increasing adoption of these technologies, Constant Therapy sees the potential for improved sharing of clinical data across the continuum of care, and greater engagement with patients’ healthcare situation outside clinical settings. Ultimately, this will enable Constant Therapy to deliver precision medicine to everyone at scale, leading to lower costs and better population health.
At Constant Therapy, we believe that AI has the potential to help us channel large sets of data to draw big-picture conclusions, and act as a springboard to new learnings and better brain rehabilitation outcomes. With the NPE driving Constant Therapy, we believe we can materially change the way healthcare works.
Learn about Constant Therapy
The award-winning app has helped 550K people rebuild their skills.